A guide to buying the perfect leather jacket.
Leather jackets have always been show-stoppers and heart winners. Yet there still dwells confusion in the minds of men out there, when deciding which type to choose to get the best leather jacket. That often leads them to opt for safer options like parachute or wool. But the love of leather never leaves their hearts, and the thought of not being able to wear one always makes them sigh.
Here comes the good news! We’re here with a complete guide for a perfect leather jacket, which will gladly assist you, and put your infinite hunt to an end. Hold your breath – because you’re about to be reunited with the most versatile, and timeless leather jackets!
Here are those few things you need to keep on your mind when you stroll through the rows of irresistible jackets all calling your name!
- Ways to judge a leather jacket’s quality.
- The most desirable aspect of a jacket is the decorative, topstitching. Usually done along the edges of seams, pockets and zippers give a more visual appeal. Think of it as the difference between a 2D and a 3D movie.
- High-quality jackets will use thicker and high-value threads.
- The overall design will have multiple elements, and have many little pieces coalesced together. Low-quality jackets will have lesser and simpler pockets and less interesting elements to achieve easier and cheaper making.
- Zippers are usually the give-away element. The first thing that will announce the quality of a jacket will its zipper. High-end jackets have lighter metal zips that are smooth, buttery, and strong and are more appealing visually.
Invest In The Best Quality Leather Jacket
Only opt for the best. There are things that should never be compromised regarding its cost, and leather is one of them. From the cheapest to the most extravagant ranges of leather jackets, you will face the dilemma of making a wise choice out of countless options. But do keep in mind that genuine leather jackets will last a lifetime and will be worth each penny spent, so try avoiding low-cost jackets that are leather only by name – and you won’t be disappointed.
A few tips in knowing the perfect leather –
- The thickness, texture, and color will also be an indication, if it feels slick, plastic, or smooth – the leather is probably corrected and processed. If it is soft, grainy and a bit oil – it is more toward the uncorrected end.
- There are a lot of different leather types available. Genuine leather includes –
- Lambskin leather which is very soft,
- Deerskin leather which is very light weighted and durable,
- Cowskin leather is known to be the king of leather for its softness and durability.
- Goatskin leather is also soft and has a buttery texture, lesser than lambskin though, and has a tight pebbly texture.
- Kangaroo skin leather is similar to cow leather, but is tougher and much thinner, but is extremely rare and expensive today.
- Faux and suede are artificially produced leathers – commonly preferred by people who do not want to wear animal-based leather and is also comparatively more affordable.
Make Sure It Fits Well In Sleeves, Body, And Shoulder
Body – Leather jackets are supposed to be a tight fit, the baggy jacket won’t work with these. Make sure you know your exact size, and it is tailored to your exact size.
Length – These jackets are supposed to end at your waistline and should not be longer than that – if they are – they aren’t your size.
Sleeves – Along with a tight fit, make sure you can move your arms around freely, as you don’t want to be wrapped up in uncomfortable clothing and move around like a mummy. These sleeves shouldn’t exceed your palms, or else it is not your size.
Shoulders – Shoulders should not droop down, or be too tight. That would restrict your hand movement. A tip-in choosing a quality jacket is to see its armholes. If they are low and wide, they are made to accommodate more body types to increase the likelihood of making a sale and so – are of lower quality.
Zippers– The zipper is one of the prominent elements in any leather jacket. However, the zipper would be of any strong and tough metal, which can be measured by its weight the genuine zippers are heavy than a worthless zipper. Besides this, you had to check the zipper teeth by zipped it on and off very often for a couple of times and invest on it if it is running effortlessly.
When these jackets are a one-time investment, you do not need to compromise comfort or looks at any cost.
Choose Your Favorite Tone, Also Keeping Your Complexion Into Consideration
For uplifted moods occasionally we like to dress up in something loud and bold and prefer colors like red jackets and yellow ones. If you need a jacket to match the frequency of that uplifted mood, these are your colors.
However, when wanting something to be worn frequently, black and brown are the most universal colors that can never look typical. Brown leather jackets and Black leather jackets are the ones that will compliment every outfit, and allow you to wear it formally and informally equally. And these are also the colors that suit all complexions without exceptions.
Keeping these factors in mind, a correctly chosen leather jacket – is one strong element that can increase the macho vibe of men. To look tough and classy – you need a best-crafted leather jacket. Wearing a garment of quality will automatically boost your confidence and be a catalyst for your masculinity! One jacket of such supreme quality – is a must-have for your wardrobe. TheGenuineLeather will provide you with a complete package of quality comfort and appeal. Visit our website to welcome a new member to your wardrobe family!